Monday, October 1, 2012

Review: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not many YA paranormals surprise me nowadays. I have gotten a little bit "been there done that" with it all. Unspoken was not the case. Some things truly surprised me at first but once you get into the story you kind of get to the routine and see things coming a mile away. Luckily, that only made it more exciting when you discover you were right.

The characters were hit or miss. Jared - hit. Even though he was king hot Emo. Kami- another hit. Rusty - hit everyone else had something that held me back from really liking them. Jon Glass, Kami's dad was so almost a hit but something, wasn't ...gellin. Clare Glass an utter miss. Frick and Frack Glass (not really their names but equally ridic) weren't so bad but they would need more time for me to declare a hit. On to Kami's friends. Angela who's plot was easily figured out was so close to a hit that hurt she is a miss. She became a caricature . Okay I get it she likes naps. Enough. Almost the same with Rusty we get it, he is lazy and never serious. But with his sister Angela, it's Okay I get it, she is gorgeous but a bitch who hates the world. Holly a miss. She is poor, fine. She is so damn hot she has to beat them off with sticks...oh wait no that was Angela *insert eye roll please * Ash a miss. Swarmy. He just rubbed me wrong.

Enough with that the plot. The mysteries Lynburns move back into town and everybody starts shitting bricks they are so scared. Kami who has a not so imaginary friend she chats it up with in her mind starts to investigate them. She develops a connection to both lynburn boys and adventure ensues.

Well worth the read. I'm dreading the wait until book two comes out. Because this book ends with us asking when will Jared remove his head from his ass?

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads bookshelf

Casse's bookshelf: read

Truly, MadlyThe Final Dance TrilogyUnder Sea's ShadowIn Stone's ClaspOn Fire's WingsTalk Me Down

More of Casse's books »
Casse NaRome's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

My Oh-Em-Gee Favorite Trailers...