Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: Hanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield

Hanging by a ThreadHanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was anxious to read this book because lately I have ventured out of my usual reading box. The premise was something different than most YA.

Clare had a gift for fashion and the fabric sometimes told her things. Yes, it sounds silly but that was actually interesting. Clare and her stick in the mud mother move back to their small town that is going through a serial killer scare. That was interesting. Clare starts a business with her best friend. Rachel is annoying and insist on calling Clare a nickname that Clare hates. Also Clare bends over backwards kissing Rachel's popular ass so she will fit in. That was annoying. Clare also has on her summer list to have some sex before summers over. That is interesting. Most YA novels demonize sex. That could also be a plot of its own book, "My big sexy summer."

I didn't hate this book but I also didn't love it as much as I thought that I should. I think the characters never connected. I just didn't care. I felt that was just looking in on the story but never was pulled in. Jake, Clare's bad boy love interest didn't even hook me. I KNOW. CatholicKittie didn't drool over the bad boy. But was he really bad? I didn't see it. There was also just way too much pointless descriptions. The clothes, Clare's old friends...it would totally bored me pulling from the story. I would skip paragraphs and not miss anything about the story, that is how long the descriptions were. You are now asking yourself, what exactly did I like about the book. The story was wonderful and the mystery was perfect. So if you like that type of stuff you will also enjoy this book despite the few flaws.




View all my reviews

1 comments:

Penelope Sanchez said...

What a wonderful review. It's too bad that the book didn't meet your expectations. I was conisdering pre-ordering this one but I think I'll just request it from the library to try it out one day.

regards,
rowena of Kent SEO

Post a Comment

Goodreads bookshelf

Casse's bookshelf: read

Truly, MadlyThe Final Dance TrilogyUnder Sea's ShadowIn Stone's ClaspOn Fire's WingsTalk Me Down

More of Casse's books »
Casse NaRome's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

My Oh-Em-Gee Favorite Trailers...