Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review: Blink Once by Cylin Busby

Blink OnceBlink Once by Cylin Busby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blink Once is a departure from the books I usually enjoy. I read the synopsis and knew I had to give it s shot. I added to my W.O.W list and then when I saw it on Net Galley I prayed I would get approved.
West was biking with his friend Mike and ex girlfriend Allie when the unthinkable happened; he hits the ramp wrong and wipes out. He wakes up tied to a bed and a strange girl tells him he is paralyzed. She tells him to "Blink Once for yes" and the relationship soars from there. West and Olivia become friends and they realize that nobody gets them like they get each other. We are able to watch an undeniable and unforgettable relationship develop as these two damaged people heal. I was taken in by the raw emotion West felt and I could feel is frustration, his angst and his fear.
The story leads you one way then zigs when you think it will zag only to zag once you just gotten use to the zig. I was so emotionally invested by the end of the story my heart was racing and heavy and just worn out. This book takes you by the heart-strings and refuses to let go.
I would recommend this story to anyone but especially those who loved If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Cover Whore:
Pretty Girl laying there. Has the contemporary YA feel just from the cover. Not especially attention grabbing but heartfelt.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads bookshelf

Casse's bookshelf: read

Truly, MadlyThe Final Dance TrilogyUnder Sea's ShadowIn Stone's ClaspOn Fire's WingsTalk Me Down

More of Casse's books »
Casse NaRome's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

My Oh-Em-Gee Favorite Trailers...